Panda is set of algorithm associated with the search results ranking methods of Google. The main reason to introduce the panda was to lower the sites with low quality content and provide a higher rank to sites that are rich in content. It effectively uses artificial intelligence with a human quality filters, judging the websites on the basis of quality, content, design, speed and trustfulness.
When Google introduced the panda algorithm in February 2011, many website owners lost a bunch of their precious traffic. While this new algorithm refined the search results of Google, it acted as a devil for many website owners round the world.
Some key points that can be used to recover from the panda effect are:
1. Perform a thorough evaluation of all the content on the site. Underlining the poor content pages and removing them; remembers panda perform a check on all the pages. Even if one page is of low quality, the whole site might be penalized.
2. Identify and stick to a particular niche; this will help the search crawlers in evaluation of your website. Search engine tend to prefer sites that are well defined in their approach. You cannot be effective if you target a whole variety of audience, they should be confined to a particular section. If your blog is about technology, you should be posting articles related to technology.
3. The quality of content is an important parameter for panda while judging a site for ranking. Google searches for content that provides a substantial value to its search results and the topics should be written with interest of the users in mind. The content should be informative and the topics should be free from any grammatical or analytical errors. The content should not be limited; it should contain detailed and elaborated information. The effective length of the post should not be less than 400 hundred words.
If the previous posts are not elaborated or you feel they cannot be explained in detail then you should probably remove such contents from your site. Moving them to a different domain can be another option.
4. Avoid duplicity of contents; a duplicate content will work as a negative factor for you. You should work hard to remove all the duplicate contents from your site. Google provides help in this department, you can choose Google webmaster tool to identify the duplicate contents. If you find that a third party has copied your content, report this matter immediately.
5. The ad to content ratio should be limited; panda algorithm was particularly harsh on sites that had advertisements all over their site. Hosting advertisements is fine but your main motive should be providing more information to audience in your niche.
Apart from these parameters you should give attention to the design and layout of your website. Although there is no official evidences to judge the sites on the layout basis but it is recommend that the layout should match to the current market levels. If your site has not been redesigned in the last 5 years or so then it should definitely be updated. Following the above tips might help you in regaining the lost audience during the panda attack.
About the author: Claudia is a blogger by profession. She loves writing on luxury and technology. She recently read an article on 3D Laptop that attracted her attention. These days she is busy in writing an article on ipad dock.